After job interviews, follow-up emails must impress the recruiting manager. Some advice:
- Express gratitude: Begin your email by thanking them for the interview.
- Reiterate interest: emphasize your enthusiasm for contributing to the organisation and mention specific characteristics of the role or firm that correspond with your professional ambitions.
- Reflect on the interview: Highlight a few significant points that resonated with you.
- Address any issues or provide further information: If you believe you could have given a more complete response during the interview, address those points and provide any extra information that may support your candidacy.
- Ask about future stages: Politely ask about the next steps in the employment process and indicate your willingness to proceed.
- Be professional: Before sending, double-check your email for grammar and typos.
- Punctuality: Send a follow-up email 24–48 hours following the interview.
- Personalise your email: This makes your email unique and indicates you were attentive during the interview.
A follow-up email is a chance to impress, reinforce your qualifications, and show your expertise.