- Describe your sector in a nutshell.
In the beauty sector there are many paths, so this makes it interesting for a wide spectrum of people. Also due to the diversity within the sector, it is always exciting and one never stops learning and upgrading.
- What are the different career opportunities/jobs available in your sector?
The opportunities and jobs available in the sector are many to choose from. Beauty therapy the basics of, Body therapies ( massage/spa/holistic ), Make-up artist, aesthetics ( advanced ), Nail technician, tattoo artist semi-permanent make-up (advanced).
- Working in a beauty clinic
- In a spa
- Within a team or alone
- TV and production co-operations
- On cruise liners
- What’s interesting/fun about your sector/industry? Why should a young person want to work there?
The industry is very interesting as it is very vibrant and always growing one. there are new things coming out all the time, this makes it fun, and exciting too.
It is also very social and rewarding, as bonds are made with the customers and the ultimate outcome from your work, which always entails beautifying someone.
- What skills/qualities do you look for in someone wanting to join your sector?
A very important skill needed is the ability be able to work well with your hands and to have creativity and feeling. Social skills are a must and being willing to be of service.
- What is demand looking like in your sector? How do you think this will change in the future?
Demand is very high and I predict this will only carry on growing in the future, as more and more new advances will be available.
- What is the approximate salary range can people earn?
It is very hard to say as prices within each category vary so very much.
- What career pathways are available for a young person wanting to join your sector? (University and non-uni routes)
There is no need for University degrees, it is possible to grow within the sector as you go along.
It is an ongoing learning process.
However if the more advanced sector, such as aesthetics is the goal, then there are further qualifications needed.
- Any advice you would give to a young person wanting to join your sector?
If its something you really like, then go for it, start at the bottom and work your way up.
Remember it is not so much a profession, it’s more a vocation.